We live in a cold and calculating society run by a handful of Capitalist plutocrats, businessmen and politicians whose only desires are profit and status above the welfare of their fellow human beings and defended by their law enforcement lapdogs. Their power is spread all over the globe; their greed knows no bounds and they will stop at nothing to make a profit, even if it means the destruction of our ecosystems or the horrible exploitation and suffering of every living being on this planet. Capitalists use every weapon in their arsenal to maintain their influence and power by distracting us, by disempowering us, disenfranchising us, by dividing over any differences, by forcing us into poverty and forcing us to be dependent on them as they go on to further privatize everything we need in our daily lives. The stress, the anger, the torment, the pollution, the suffering and death this system has caused humanity is incalculable. This evil, unsustainable system must end, not gradually, it must end NOW. Join the Socialist Party USA, be the change you want to see in the new society that will replace the capitalist system: Revolutionary Socialism.
Review the Statement of Agreement- The following points represent the key ideas of agreement of the Socialist Party USA. We encourage you to read and discuss them, and if you agree consider joining the Socialist Party by clicking the button above. A CSP Party member will contact you shortly after you apply
1) The Socialist Party is a democratic socialist organization. We see socialism as a new social and economic order in which workers and consumers control production and community residents control their neighborhoods, homes and school and the production of society is used for the benefit of all humanity, not the private profit of a few.
2) We see the working class as in a key and central position to fight back against the ruling class and its power. The working class is the major force worldwide that can lead the way to a socialist future – to a real radical democracy from below.
3) We stand in opposition to all forms of oppression including but not limited to racism, sexism and homophobia.
4) We are a “multi-tendency” organization. We orient ourselves around our principles and develop a common program, but our members have various underlying philosophies and views of the world. Therefore we reject vanguardism and democratic centralism.
5) We advocate for independent political action outside the Democratic and Republican parties.
6) Our tactics in the struggle for radical democratic change reflects our ultimate goal of a society founded on principles of egalitarian, non-exploitative and non-violent relations among all people and between all peoples.